Tuesday 29 July 2008

Into the heat






For the first part of last week I was in recovery - just can't do 4 days in a row anymore (see Latitude). Actually, let me re-phrase that...I can party 4 days in a row, but my body takes another 4 days to get over it. So anyway, had Monday and Tuesday booked off and relaxed plus felt a bit guilty when my wife (who is younger, so technically doesn't need as much recovery time) went to work. I was greeted by the usual 120 emails on Wednesday and spent the rest of the week ploughing through them, so didn't actually get to any of my projects until Friday...when it was time for another weekend - Yay!


There was a bit of a family crisis (more a need for us to pull together to help an injured party), so we cruised up the A1 home to Harrogate after work. Mum and Dad were on really good form. We spent much of Saturday sat in their garden reading the papers, drinking lemonade and avoiding sunburn (I failed), popped in to see my Nan then a great night out with lots of old friends outside Blues Bar - just like old times. Brilliant. Sunday drove over to that there Knaresborough to see PM and the adorable Moo - drinks down by the river and nice walk in the sunshine. Also picked up the fantastic paintings he has done for us - so chuffed with them I can't tell you! Just need a flat big enough to do them justice now! Had a quick lunch with Jonn and Rhiannon (who are going on an epic travelling odyssey - lucky so and so's), then did record time back down to London with daylight to spare.


It's seriously hot down here now - so much so that the Northern Line is getting a little saunaesque and horrible. I really should be cycling to work or something, but the thought of getting knocked off and squashed by a bendy-bus is putting me off. Even the over-land option is a sweat-fest, so I just grin and bare it. Drinking lites of water a day though and feeling the detox. Managed to loose nearly 3/4 of a stone somewhere in the past 6 weeks too - not sure how, given I've eaten some right lardy feasts.


A cool weekend to come once this mentalist week of work is finished. C is away on another Hen (that's not the cool part I should add), but PM is coming down for a relaxing weekend in The Smoke...if such a thing exists. Really looking forward to spending some quality time with him and praying the weather stays good - expect much micro-blogging and Flickring to follow.


Both PM and MN mentioned feeling on the cusp of something in recent blogs - must be something in this heat because I've felt the same recently...just got to work out to what the cusp belongs...or what to do about it.


No comments: