Monday 3 November 2008

New waves riding...


Excitedly awaiting the US election results on Thursday(ish). This could change a lot of things in our wee planet and if the result is as 'we' all hope will be a historic day. It feels like a real time of change in the wider and closer world. I feel like I'm being tested and challenged, and pushed out of my comfort zone in some areas of my life. A good thing I'm told, though scary as well. I'm not really a creature of habit, but like us all have fallen foul of the dreaded rut sometimes. Also, the seasons are on the move - I'm not a fan of the dark mornings and evenings (not to mention the endless drizzle), but every cycle and season has it's blessings when you look for them. I love nothing more than a crisp, clear day in the open air, even if it is cold - it's great seeing your breath in the cold air and walking up a sweat in beautiful countryside, with the promise of a good pint of bitter and pub lunch halfway round (can you tell I'm looking forward to going home next weekend)?! 

A good mucker has told me about this dark time of year around Halloween and how the movement in the seasons and noodle can give people a wobble - yep, that'd be it then. Can't wait to see some of my close friends and family again too - they feel very far away at the moment and I feel the need to chew the fat and share the silences. The jobby job is as busy as ever, but am working on some stimulating things - just wish I had to 48hrs in the day I need to do them justice and experiment a bit. Been getting some global recognition on some work I've done and there's been a few photo-shoots recently (with more to come) which has been fun - even the odd glass of bubbly and canapes thrown in.

Before I round up, a huge congrats to Lewis Hamilton - this country needs a hero at the moment and he fits the cap (crash helmet) well - Good on him.

C's 30th Birthday Party - C and her best buds Darby and Lyd shared their collective 30th at Kisse Bar on Lavender Hill in Clapham. We had the whole bar to ourselves and had a fantastic night. Loads of people from all parts of their lives were there and everyone had a blast. Maria did an indie DJ slot which was cool and we all got very messy. Got to bed at wrong o'clock and spent most of the next day regrouping our marbles and finding comfort in food.

Drawing and flicking - Done a few new portrait type thingys: one of my good chum, the lovely Da Maria and one of my mentalist manager Donald. Very happy with both of them and the recipients even more so. A new set of orders has now come in, so plan to keep on a roll. Kept the steady flow of photos coming in as well - not too shabby, though feeling the need to use my D50 more. Also, haven't taken any film footage recently - Into the Light is fast becoming the most viewed and most favoured thing I have ever posted on Flickr. Taking photos at a press conference at the famed RAC club in Pall Mall early tomorrow morning. They're going to give me a bacon sarnie brekky too - result!

Underworld at Brixton Academy - A much needed night of jumping around to techno/electro/poetro and the like for Maria and I. Karl and Rick didn't disappoint - just like the old days - great show and my legs ached the next day from dancing so much. Haven't done that for a while and I needed the distraction from the usual bobbins. The gig was filmed and will be out on DVD soon too - that explains Karls sequin jacket, 'boxes/shelves/fishes' moves and inflatables! C went to Lucy's 3oth in London Bridge the same night and was still up when we got home which was cool - teas and chats until bed ways was right ways.

Burn after Reading - Excellent new offering from the brilliant Coen brothers. Quirky, dark and laugh-out-loud. Great casting and screenplay. Go see it. Bond was totally sold out (that'll be the rain then) - hopefully seeing it soon. 

Aside from that I bought a scarf, found a new chord, improved on my already superb home-made burger/meatball recipe and descaled the kettle - it's all go (?!)...hmm...

No comments: