Thursday 15 January 2009

Bad Film Club


Had to blog a top night that was shared with myself, da Maria, Rus and Richard yesterday. Trotted down to The Barbican after work for Bad Film Club. A simple concept really - show a really terrible film, have two comedians (Nicko and Joe) sit at the front with laser pointers ripping it to shreds, get the audience to join in, pass round free sweets and let everyone drink booze as well. Genius. Basic Instinct 2 was on the menu tonight, and it is indeed unspeakably rubbish, so much so they even let Stan Collymore have a cameo (possibly the most unconvincing screen death ever). Great night and I laughed...a lot... for probably the first time in a couple of months. Felt better and got to work at 8am with a heavy head, but a wee skip in my step. A long day of rush-designing (wow factor according to the brief) exhibition stands took the skip slightly out of my step, but I still kept chuckling to myself. A bit sad face again tonight, but tomorrow is Friday which is officially a good thing.

1 comment:

daren said...

sounds like a brilliant idea for a film club!